Saturday, 1 March 2008

Kindred Spirits

You look at me
Tell me what you see
Does it look familiar?
Offensive or peculiar?
Do you feel ashamed?
Like you're being blamed
For stuff you don't even understand
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Is your heart made of guilt
Do you understand?
What is going on inside of you
What is going in the world
Around you?
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Are we kindred spirits
Or just the opposite?
You drunk as a skunk
And I, well,
Just a plain non-alcoholic
We're both in it, always
Still you look at me
And I know you see
That I'm not the one
That I used to be
To me it's still not clear
What I need to hear
If I ever need to get out of hear
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Do they call you names?
Are we kindred spirits
Or just the opposite
You drunk as a skunk
And I, well,
Just a plain non-alcoholic
We're both in it, always

No comments: