Again...first there was 20six and it was the best - great memories, great discussions, great friends...but then it all changed and became not what it used to be...there's www.bloggen.be/marieantoinette where I sarted my Dutch novel (read and remember 'started'), there's www.fotothing.com/nathanielmonkerhey when I'm having a 'picturesque period', there always is www.myspace.com/nathanielmonkerhey - brilliant - met and found a lot of very old friends but the most active used to be 20six and now it's dead I need another place to exist...let's try here, seems nice, my friend Neil has a place here too, so feels comfortable in a way....Hope to meet some friends here...I know you're out there in the big wide world. Some use the internet to wear masks and pretend to be someone they are not - to me it is exactly the opposite...masks are destroyed - in search of the real me, in search of the real you
Nathaniel
Saturday, 15 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know that there have been "reports" over the past few months that "blogging is a dying art" - with things like facebook and all the social networking tools coming in and taking over; and everyone leaving their blogs and playing with the new toys :)
I don't know, I think that some people like to write; and those people will continue to do so. I dabble with a number of blogs - my primary ones are on blogger; it was actually the first blog site I signed up with - originally contributing to a friend's blog (my friend Bill) and then getting my own later (originally to archive my cartoon strips - the small upload limit that 20six had meaning I was spending my time constantly going back and deleting the old ones) but there was always something about 20six's community which was nice.
Anyway, I'm rattling on here :) It is good seeing you (reading you?) again - I always love your photos (and some of your works have inspired some of my photo attempts recently - I should upload next time I make five minutes :) )
Take good care of yourself
as I found recently (on facebook) our good friends always manage to find us, usually right when we need them to
hugs
Neil
x
I'd very much like to see some of yr recent pics...keep me updated
take care
N.
That's not a problem - I'm slowly uploading things to my flickr account ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/rrwm/ ) - I think I take too many photos; sorting through them all and picking out the good ones can sometimes take forever :)
hugs
have a good day there
Neil
x
Post a Comment